TELL US HOW YOU USE YORS – Yorkshire Original Rapeseed Oil – and we’ll reward you with a FREE DELIVERY code for use in April 2018*
Contact us HERE or Email: email@example.com with your favourite rapeseed oil recipe.
TRY A NEW RAPESEED RECIPE IDEA:
We’ve included a carrot and ginger soup recipe to give you some inspiration and can’t wait to hear from you and read YOR surprising ideas.
CARROT AND GINGER SOUP:
Quick, easy and mouth wateringly good. This soup is perfect for a lighter lunch, so why not make a few more portions and keep it in the freezer for emergencies.
Each serving provides 160 kcal, 2g protein, 23g carbohydrate (of which 19g sugars), 4.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 10g fibre and 0.9g salt.
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion (75g/2½oz peeled weight), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 20g/¾oz fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g/7oz carrots, roughly chopped
- 300ml/10fl oz vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped, to serve1.Heat the oil in small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 3.Pour the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and reheat gently.
- 4.To serve, pour the soup into a warm serving bowl and garnish with the spring onions.
- 2.Add the stock and season with pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
We can offer a range of salad dressings, mayonnaise and vinegars alongside the delicious and nutricious cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oils in a variety of infused flavours.